UC Davis Today: Picnic Day 2012: Then. Now. Always.
Welcome to UC Davis’ annual open house
Whether you’re connecting with old friends, checking out the walking sticks at the Bohart Museum of Entomology or watching dachshunds chase down the rabbit on the ARC Pavilion floorboards, Picnic Day 2012 is the place to be on April 21.
It’s always good to have a plan on this fun-packed day. We suggest beginning with the pancake breakfast, then getting a good spot to watch the parade, checking out food on the Quad, viewing the dachshund races and ending the day listening to the Battle of the Bands. Alumni can connect with each other, thanks to several programs planned by the Cal Aggie Alumni Association.
Open houses and special hours are planned in conjunction with ongoing spring exhibitions at the campus's art venues.
Check out even more events for the day using the student board’s official website for Picnic Day 2012. And, if you have questions about weather, parking, eating and other logistics, read the Picnic Day FAQ.
(A Unitrans bus passes the grandstand during the Picnic Day parade. Karin Higgins/UC Davis photo)
Picnic Day main schedule — April 21
- 7:30-9:30 a.m. — CAAA Pancake Breakfast, Freeborn Hall
- 9:30 a.m. — Opening ceremonies on North Quad Avenue across from Wickson Hall
- 10:10 a.m. — Parade begins
Share your Picnic Day on social media
- Share your Picnic Day photos and experiences with the UC Davis Facebook page
- Tweet with the hashtag #picnicday2012
- Upload your Picnic Day photos on Instagram, Flickr, Pinterest or other social media sites, using the #picnicday2012 hashtag
- Look for our social media wrap-up next week on the UC Davis home page