UC Davis Today: Celebrating seven alumni, one friend
Celebrating seven alumni, one friend
Celebrity chef Martin Yan and Assistant U.S. Treasury Secretary Janice Eberly will share the spotlight with entrepreneurs, teachers, professors and philanthropists as UC Davis honors alumni today (Feb. 1).
The Cal Aggie Alumni Association annually recognizes seven outstanding alumni and friends of UC Davis, each of whom has made significant contributions to the campus. The 2013 Alumni Awards Gala includes a wine reception, dinner and ceremony at the San Jose City Hall Rotunda.
The award winners include:
- Janice Eberly ’86 of Evanston, Ill., and Bethesda, Md., the U.S. Treasury’s assistant secretary for economic policy (Outstanding Alumna Award)
- Martin Yan ’73, M.A. ’77 of San Mateo County, television host and cookbook author (Distinguished Achievement Award)
- Stockton couple Bob Morrison ’68, J.D. ’71, a retired business attorney, and Jan Morrison ’69, a retired teacher from the San Joaquin County School District (Fielder Award)
- John Bissell II ’08 of Sacramento, an award-winning entrepreneur (Young Alumnus Award)
- Ann Pitzer ’58 of La Jolla, retired software developer and a trustee of the Pitzer Family Foundation (Aggie Service Award)
- Jose Carmine Dianese ’70 of Brasilia, Brazil, a professor emeritus at the University of Brasilia (Emil M. Mrak International Award)
- Barbara Jackson of Davis, a major philanthropic donor and volunteer for the university (Distinguished Friend of the University Award)
The reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. with the dinner and awards ceremony following at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $125 for CAAA members and $175 for non-members. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets or a table, or contact event organizer Jennifer Thayer at (530) 754-9098 or email@example.com.
Janice Eberly, the 2013 Outstanding Alumna Award winner, is the assistant secretary for economic policy in the U.S. Department of the Treasury. She is shown here at the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. Shia Levitt/photo